MESOTHELIOMA MEDICAL JOURNAL ARTICLES
Abstracts of recent articles about mesothelioma in medical journals. Abstracts on continuing mesothelioma research presented at the 2005 American Society of Clinical Oncology meeting held in Orlando, FL. Many of these are available through PubMed, a search engine of the National Library of Medicine. Overview of mesothelioma in PDF format.
- Intrapleural immuno-chemotherapy, pleurectomy/decortication, radiotherapy, systemic chemotherapy and long-term sub-cutaneous IL-2 in malignant pleural mesothelioma
- Role of Radiotherapy in the Treatment of Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma
- Phase I to II study of pleurectomy/decortication and intraoperative intracavitary hyperthermic cisplatin lavage for mesothelioma.
- Preoperative evaluation of patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma: role of integrated CT-PET imaging.
- Significance of lymph node metastasis in patients with diffuse malignant peritoneal mesothelioma.
- Fatal pneumonitis associated with intensity-modulated radiation therapy for mesothelioma.
- Extended surgical staging for potentially resectable malignant pleural mesothelioma.
- Abdominal computed tomography scans in the selection
of patients with malignant peritoneal mesothelioma for comprehensive
treatment with cytoreductive surgery and perioperative intraperitoneal
- Pleural biopsy: a reliable method for determining the diagnosis but not subtype in mesothelioma.
- Evidence against a role for SV40 infection in human mesotheliomas and high risk of false-positive PCR results owing to presence of SV40 sequences in common laboratory plasmids.
- Pemetrexed in combination with cisplatin in the treatment of chemonaive patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM): Outcomes on Expanded Access Program (EAP).
- Pemetrexed alone or in combination with cisplatin in previously treated patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM): Outcomes of an expanded access program (EAP).
- Induction chemotherapy, extrapleural pneumonectomy (EPP), and adjuvant hemithoracic radiation are feasible and effective for locally advanced malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM).
- A phase 2 clinical trial of pemetrexed plus gemcitabine as front-line chemotherapy for patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM).
- Targeted therapy of mesothelin expressing mesotheliomas (MM), ovarian cancer (OC) and pancreatic cancer (PC): Results of phase I study of SS1(dsFv)PE38 (SS1P).
- Single dose electron beam radiation therapy for tumor wound seeding prophylaxis in mesothelioma.
- Primary peritoneal mesothelioma: How aggressive should we be?
- Genetic predisposition and health effect of occupational exposure to asbestos.
- The economic costs of health service treatments for asbestos-related mesothelioma deaths.
- Pemetrexed alone or in combination with cisplatin in the treatment of patients with peritoneal mesothelioma (PM): Outcomes of an expanded access program (EAP) in patients with malignant mesothelioma (MM).
- A phase II trial of Tetrathiomolybdate [TM] after cytoreductive surgery for malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM).
- Malignant pleural mesothelioma: evaluation with
CT, MR imaging, and PET.
- The role of Occupational Health and Safety Service
in identifying past occupational exposure.
- Promising early local control of malignant pleural
mesothelioma following postoperative intensity modulated radiotherapy
(IMRT) to the chest.
- A phase I study of Foscan-mediated photodynamic
therapy and surgery in patients with mesothelioma.
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy: a novel
approach to the management of malignant pleural mesothelioma.